Monday, August 24, 2009

The YA Angels Who Made it Happen

The response to my shameless begging was incredbile and I feel blessed to be a part of the young adult writing community. We have eight months spoken for and I am going to go with that as we usually don't meet in December. These are the books we have lined up for the year:

(In no particular order)

My Soul to Take, written by and donated by Rachel Vincent
Lovestruck Summer, written by and donated by Melissa Walker
Bewitching Season, written by and donated by Marissa Doyle
The Geek Girls Guide to Cheerleading, written by and donated by Charity Tahmaseb and Darcy Vance
The Emerald Tablet, Written by and donated by PH Hoover
Hugging the Rock, written by and donated by Susan Taylor Brown
Frindle, written by Andrew Clements donated by Kay Cassidy, author of The Cinderella Society.
A book of our choice, donated by Cherlyn Michaels, author of the adult book, Counting Raindrops Through a Stained Glass Window and First Fridays.

Kay Cassidy also said she would let us choose a book if the kids already read Frindle in school. My friend Ann, gave me a check for twenty dollars to help pick up extra books if we run short.

What an amazing list of books and an amazing list of authors.Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am hoping to put together a montage of pictures and will post soon! Muah!

5 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

You are more than welcome, Teri!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to be a part of your special project. What joy for your girls to have you introduce them to the wonderful world of books.

Lexi said...

WoW! This renews my belief that there are wonderful people in the world!

Anonymous said...

Hi Teri,

How many copies of books do you need? Do you need one for each girl?

xo,
Laurie Stolarz

Charity Tahmaseb said...

You are very welcome! And what a terrific list of books. I hope they have a great reading year.