Reasons I am stressed even though I am not working on any nonfiction deadlines:
1. Health stuff reared it's ugly head again.
2. I haven't started the Christmas cards.
3. The outside Christmas lights haven't been put up yet.
4. I can't sleep at night. I wake up about 2AM and end up getting up because I can't fall back to sleep.
5. I'm not done with my MG book yet.
6. Someone just sold their debut MG book for a huge amount of money. We're talking $200,000-$500,000.
7. My best friend is having trouble with the girls and since she took them for me when Mom came up with lung cancer, I feel like I should take them more, but just can't. (See number 1 and 4.)
8.I haven't started on the proposal I'm doing with my son yet and I wanted to get that done over vacation.
9. My main nonfiction client is now a part of the Disney online family and isn't taking assignments for January and I don't know what I will do if that income source dries up.
10. Neither of my teens have a job yet in spite of repeated looking.
11. Our washer is leaking and we have to buy a new one.
12. I haven't been able to make any significant progress on updating our home yet. Same old ugly kitchen, same 1970's windows and same chewed up bathroom floor.
Will someone please wake me up when my next book sells?