Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Three Things

Just realized I'm not very interesting. Ah well, too late to change now.


1. I have all four wisdom teeth. My orthodontist told me when he took off my braces that every dentist I went to for the rest of my life would want to yank them out, but unless I was having problems I should tell them to bugger off, there was plenty of room. He was right on all counts.

2. I don't have very many RL friends. I actually have two best friends and that is pretty much it. I just don't have time for more. I have a lot of acquaintances, and people I like, but real friendship takes time and that is a commodity that is hard to come by.

3. I am a woman who knows how to say no. No people pleaser here, thank you very much. My dh thought I was an anomaly until I showed him a study that said the happiest women are those who can say no. HA!

5 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Can you teach me - how to say no?? :) Major people pleaser here. :) I would probably make you puke.

Okay, don't laugh... What's a dh?

Annie said...

I have always loved the way you can say no. It's a rare and unique gift. What baffles me is that you and I are friends. How did this happen again? Is it because we could play good cop/bad cop really well? Is it because I can be kinda scary? Is it because you have more dirt on me than any other person on the planet?

Whatever the reason, I love you. You and your wisdom teeth.

Cherlyn Michaels said...

Oh same here with the dentist/orthodontist. I have all my wisdoms and my lowers are impacted and laying horizontally. He said don't take them out unless they bother you because, especially my lowers under the gums, they're going to hurt like h*ll! So there they lay and I refuse when the dentist recommends removal.

Anonymous said...

a study that said the happiest women are those who can say no

Per my kids, I should be the happiest woman on the planet.

stephhale said...

You are officially my idol, Teri! One of my resolutions this year is to say NO! I finally realized I'm actually hurting myself by taking on so much.