Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Brilliant

If Homer wrote the Odessy via twitter: Check it out here.

I laughed out loud over this one!

I'm still struggling with the first chapter of my new WIP. It's really high concept and I want to do it justice which means more than one POV. So I am struggling along with third person, trying to get deep, deeper, deepest. I have some really good stuff, it's just a matter of hitting the right note right off the bat and getting the right POV for the beginning. Fun stuff. I love beginnings, even when I struggle. The possibilities are endless:)

Also looking for used copies of Elizabeth Bunce's A Curse Dark as Gold for the last book of book club for the year. The kids have done so well... I can't wait until next year!

2 comments:

Heather Harper said...

OMG FUNNY!!! That was great.

Beginnings are very exciting. Can't wait to see where yours leads. :-)

Shannon McKelden said...

If you're more comfortable with first person POV, why don't you use that and just identify each POV change with the name? I've seen it done lots of times really really well, especially if each character has a distinctive voice.
Shannon