Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Super Busy!

Am trying to write articles, get LIPS and OTE out to the GH and have decided to Entery HOT in the ______ Contest.

Am changing the title from Smoking Hot to: Need some help here people. Fast!

It's set in Seattle and features a caterer who entered a locally televised cooking contest to save her ailing business, only to find out that the secret celebrity judge was the man she jilted at the airport six years before.

Possibilities

-If You Can't Stand the Heat...
-Judging My Heart / Don't Judge My Heart
-Made with Love
-Into the Frying Pan
-Out of the Frying Pan, into the Fire
-A Pinch of Love and a Dash of Desire. (Or, since this is a series, it could be a Pinch of Love and the next book could be a Dash of Desire, except I am not as fond of a Pinch of Love as I am a Dash of Desire.)
-Seasoned with Love
-What's Cookin'?

Anything else?

Edit: Got my new Title: A Dash of Desire.

I also loved Can't Take the Heat and Kiss the Chef. I may change it again at some point, but for this contest it's Dash of Desire:)

6 comments:

Jaci Burton said...

A Dash of Desire caught my eye right away. I think that's the best of the bunch, Teri. Very catchy title and fits with your plot. :-)

Kerry Blaisdell said...

-Judging My Heart / Don't Judge My Heart
-Made with Love


Sound "inspirational" -- don't think that's what you want.

-Into the Frying Pan
-Out of the Frying Pan, into the Fire


Too Tolkien/cliched. ;?)

-A Pinch of Love and a Dash of Desire. (Or, since this is a series, it could be a Pinch of Love and the next book could be a Dash of Desire, except I am not as fond of a Pinch of Love as I am a Dash of Desire.)

LOL! My thoughts exactly!

-Seasoned with Love
-What's Cookin'?


Enh. These are okay -- nothing really wrong with them -- but they don't "light me up."

-If You Can't Stand the Heat...

Of the new choices, this is the best, IMO. But how about shortening it to just Can't Stand the Heat?

Finally, personally, I still really like Smoking Hot or Smokin' Hot, and not just for personal reasons.  ;?)  If you told me why you want to change it, I've forgotten. But I still really like it!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'm no good at titles. But I like phrases broken up to title two different books.

Though, "Out of the Frying Pan" seems a little long. I love "Into the fire," but it might not make it clear that you're writing about chefs.

I'll think about it...

Viv said...

Don't most of the Harl. American titles (I seem to rememmber this is targeted at Harl Amer.) riff on the profession of the hero? What kind of celebrity is the hero? Is he a celeb chef or a businessman or something?

When you say "jilted" do you mean on their honeymoon? Or was it just a date?

What's the heroine's name? Juding [Heroine].

Catering to the Millionaire
The Millionaire's Runaway... Chef?
The Millionaire's Runaway Bride
Table for Two
Revenge: A Dish Served Hot
Kiss the Chef

I kind of like that last one...

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Oh, man. I suck at titles. ;)

Okay, I like A Dash of Desire, too. Catchy, and hints at cooking and steam. Two things I like. :) I also still like Smokin' Hot.

Jill Monroe said...

Into the Fire caught my eye. Dash of Desire also works great!