It was so much fun!
A few highlights:
1. Rooming with Brook Taylor, author of Undone. The perfect roomie, Brook is so funny and the perfect combination of social and independent. She also brought the magic bullet-a drink blending wonder that, along with two bottles of premixed margaritas, gave us the coolest room in the hotel. Just ask Lynda Sandovol and Terri Clark, which brings me to highlight #2.
2. Meeting with Lynda Sandovol and Terri Clark, two kindred spirits who made my conference. Terri is as sweet as she is lovely and Lynda is absolutely hysterical. I wanted to take her home with me. Total BFF's.
3. Meeting and hanging with Rachel Vincent. What a doll!
4. The gorgeous doorman who helped me find my misplaced phone. Twice.
5. Shopping with Tera Lynn Childs. She's not only my agent sistah, she's a remarkable shopper and helped me find my teens the perfect gifties. I adore her.
6. Amanda Ashby and Sara Hantz. I love these women!
7. Young adult writers rock. Rosemary, Kelly, Kelly, Bethany, Ally, Simone... young adult writers just rock!
8. Flying home with my chapter sisters. That three hour delay would have been unbearable without ya!
Tomorrow I'll post about the networking opportunities, plus, the best T-shirt and the stupidest question of the conference.