Monday, February 02, 2009

Random Musings

I really didn't want Pittsburgh to win. Enough is enough already.

Can you have phantom tooth pain? Like pain in a tooth that's no longer there? Cause my jaw still hurts. Oh, and for those interested, it was a chronically abscessed tooth. The dentist couldn't figure out why because the rest of my gums look great. Anyway. He took it. And now it hurts and they didn't give me enough bloody freaking vicodin and someone in pharmacy is gonna hear about it today, yessiree bob!

(Deep breath)

Saturday afternoon was spent mentoring a high school girl. Me and two other authors are walking her through the trials and tribulations of writing her first book for her senior project. She's pretty darn talented and it's a blast watching someone figuring out things for the first time. So fun.

Wrote a scene yesterday that I had been putting off. not sure how much I'm going to keep, but it felt good to push through it!

Okay, I'm outtie. I have an article due and I am going to try to run today. Or walk.

3 comments:

Heather T said...

I think the nerves that are there can tell your brain that the tooth they were connected to is not doing well. Insomuch as it's not there. So, yeah, I think you can have phantom tooth pain. Not that I'm a dentist or anything but I think this is possible ;)

Heather Harper said...

Any trauma like a root canal or an extraction will leave you with pain for what could be months. I still have some pain from my RC and that was last winter.

You can double the normal dose of Advil for the pain. That is what my dentist told me to do. Worked better for pain than the Vicodin. Vicodin just made me not care I was in pain. ;-)

Keri Mikulski said...

Yikes.. Teeth. Ouch.

How fun! Mentoring a young girl with her writing. :)