Wednesday, November 02, 2005

No NANO allowed

I seriously thought about doing Nanowrimo this year. For those who don't know, it is when a bunch of looky writers try to do 50,000 words in 30 days. NOw for those prolific types like Gena Showalter, that isn't a stretch. For the rest of us it's crazy. But fun. I've done it.

But no. I thought that juggling three "jobs" not including mothering and taxi driver was enough and I should leave the nanoing to others. I sort of wanted to because I have a 50,000 word novel I need to get into, but I have to finish polishing this one. I have an agent waiting for a full. So not this year. Good luck everyone.

In other news, I have received 3 more R's from the agents a followed up with. I didn't hear anything about the query from them and I figured the least they could do was send a form R. Takes seconds:) One of them did want the full ASAP, so following up is a good thing.

Okay. Off to do some critiqing for my cp's and get my dd to the rink and my son to the zoo. Busy drive day, weds are.

4 comments:

Rachel Vincent said...

Wow, congrats on the requests. I'm waiting until enough time has passed on about twenty queries so that I can follow up. I hate waiting.

Still no response on the partials and full I have out, but it's only been a couple of weeks...

I'm not doing NaNo either, because I'm in the middle of a rough draft. But I am trying to take advantage of everyone else's momentum to write 50,000 words of it in November. So far so good.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Yay on the requests, Teri :)

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Accessory camera digital sony Hp c4092a toner cartridge laserjet 1100 3200 c4092 Video strip poker vsp yvonne unlock code