Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Bummed it's not breast cancer

After my mom and I left the women's imaging center, I had to tell her. "You know things are bad when you are actually bummed that it's not breast cancer!"

We laughed so hard I thought I was going to have to pull off the road. But it's true. It would have been easier if the results had come back positive for breast cancer... at least then we would have known! Still getting the run around on the most important test, the PET scan. Hope to get that done soon so we know what we are dealing with.

Still working on the synopsis from hell. Almost finished with it and then I can fling it to my Cp's to help me fix and get that requested partial out. Then work on LIPS. I have a lot done on it, but still have a lot to do.

You know, I almost wish I had done it from someone else's POV. It might have been an easier sell. I think people are afraid to have a deaf heroine when the writer isn't deaf because, even though I know a lot because of my deaf neice, I am a hearing person... how much can I actually know? Hindsight is always 20/20.

Oh, well. Onward and upward!

4 comments:

Kerry Blaisdell said...

I know exactly what you mean! When my DS's hip problems started, I dreaded that it would be Perthes. Then I thought, WTF? At least if it's *that* we know what to do, and how to manage it. So when he was officially diagnosed I sent up a brief "Thank God!" and moved on.

I hope you win your battle for the tests your mom needs, and they make a swift diagnosis, so she can get the right treatment!!

Lexi said...

Yeah! What Kerry said!

Amanda Ashby said...

Oh, Teri, your poor mom. Sounds like it's a real roller coaster for all of you right now - just hold on tight and fingers crossed for everything.

Erica Ridley said...

My mother, grandmother, and aunt are breast cancer survivors, but I certainly wouldn't wish their ordeals on anybody, especially your mom.

Here's hoping it's something non-threatening that can be cured/reversed/salved quickly and easily!