Monday, October 27, 2008

The Things We'll Do For Research...

So Saturday night, I decided to go with my daughter and her boyfriend to a car club meeting. I'm on chapter two of Excessive Speed and needed to get some serious insight and research done. There's SO MUCH I don't know.

And besides, I just really wanted to feel cool again.

Because people, going fast in a really loud car is cool. (Getting your brains picked up off of a road isn't cool, so don't think I'm advocating speeding. No siree bob, not me.)

But, you know... sitting in the back of a seriously cool car, going to meet other people in their seriously cool cars is, well, cool.

Turns out having people check you and all your friends out in a parking lot is cool too. And Moonstruck chocolate--beyond cool.

The purpose of the evening was to all head down to an empty mall parking lot and take pix of the cars and the club members. So we jetted back down the freeway in a caravan (I can't even tell you how COOL that was.)

Once there, they talked a lot about how to set up the pix, while I interviewed various members. It was very odd to see my daughter in that environment. She and her boyfriend are a little younger than most of the people there... the pres calls them the next generation.

Lots of antics and hilarity ensued... helped by a sercurity guard, so entranced with the cars, he didn't tell us to leave and even got a ladder so my daughter could climb up on to a giant trash compacter to take shots. SO here's some pix... and I'm sorry they are so small... I can't figure out how to make them bigger.






My ride for the night. (My daughter's boyfriend's car)




One of the club's pride and joys-- a "lambo"

I got pages of notes, shared tat stories with a multi inked young man, and checked out some very cool cars.

It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

5 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Sounds like... fun? :) My hubby's into cars. Great pics. :)

PJ Hoover said...

I love that you went and did this for research!

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

Sounds fun and cool and intimidating!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks like FUN!

Lexi said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!