Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Week After

It's the week after Christmas and all through the house...

Mayhem.

After a lovely weekend during which my husband and I confirmed our commitment to one another (or maybe just proving we should both be committed considering the amount of cash spent, food consumed and alcohol imbibed)I woke up to a Monday morning, hungover and with a to do list as long as my arm.

To top it all off, I have no driver's license. Turns out the silly thing expired on my birthday when we were all stuck at home because of TONS of white frozen stuff on the roads. The DMV's were closed too, so it really wasn't my fault, per se. And during the ten years since I last had it renewed, you have to do a lot more to prove that you are who you say you are. And no, Virginia, I do not have a birth certificate. I lost it sometime during the eighties, along with my virginity and girlish figure. So I spent hours on the phone tracking it down and getting everything set. Then I spent hours more being ferried around by my daughter who is obscenely delighted that mom can't drive our car.

Teri's To Do List:

1. Lose the &*%#@ pounds I gained during the holidays. (Damn boozenog)I tackled this one the way any red-blooded American woman would... by spending a ridiculous amount of money on new running shoes and workout clothes like the word recession had never been uttered. (They are so cute though!)

2. Write overdue article

3. Finish the last twenty-five pages of my proposal by the fifth.

4. Finish Painting Bathroom I hate painting!

5. Throw traditional New Year's Eve party together. (Egads, more booze and food!)Honestly, if I never party again, it will be too soon. My poor liver concurs.

I'm getting a headache just thinking about it, so I'm going to go for a run. Or maybe to bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My least favorite things about the holidays: all those POUNDS!

Bummer on the DL.

Have a great NYE party!

Barrie said...

You will so love the freedom of a DL again! Oh, Teri, can you believe 2k8 is almost over?

Cherlyn Michaels said...

I guess you're really busy at the moment. :-)

Well, the holiday pounds, I can definitely relate to WE can do it. :-)

Annie said...

You forgot: see best friend more than once per month!

Kerry Blaisdell said...

>>my daughter who is obscenely delighted that mom can't drive our car.<<

ROFLMAO! So let's pick our run (I got the Sauconys ;?))....