Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rough Draft Done!

Yay! I got something checked off my list. The rough draft of proposal one is done! Now all I have to do is revise it and send it off to my Cp's. Phew!

Next up is an article (due today) and I have to get started on the next proposal. But hey, I got something done.

Have been checking out clothes for nationals. Last week I went and tried on a skirt... had to get it in a smaller size! Then my daughter grabbed a shirt to go with it. I get it buttoned up and can't believe it. I yelled for my daughter. She walked in and her jaw dropped. "OMG Mom! You look so skinny! Look at you!" (as if I could have done anything else. Because I look cute.) I can wear cute clothes again! The skirt is Khaki and slender cut and buttons up the front. The shirt was long sleeve and Had a great cut and I looked darn cute. The first time in YEARS that I truly thought I looked cute.

The 29th I go shopping for all the clothes and shoes I am going to wear at nationals. Am truly excited. Am concerned about the type though... I mean, Can I get away with wearing the same cocktail dress to the agent party and the awards dinner?

Decisions, decisions!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for a finished rough draft!

The shopping is the BEST part of losing weight, IMO. And, at least for me, the biggest motivator. ;)

WAHOO all the way around. I can't wait to see the cute, new you at RWA.

Rachel Vincent said...

You're going to nationals? RWA Nationals? How did I miss that? I'll finally get to meet you!

PJ Hoover said...

Wow, I wanna see some pictures!

Congrats on the first draft!

Amanda Ashby said...

Yay on losing all the weight - you are going to have so much fun going clothes shopping. I can't wait to see you in San Fran!!!!

Barrie said...

Have fun shopping!

And, yay you, on getting that first draft done!

Keri Mikulski said...

Congrats! :) Enjoy clothes shopping.

Annie said...

Can't wait to see you in tiny skirt and little black dress :)

Cherlyn Michaels said...

Congrats on the first draft AND losing weight! Shopping for clothes is always fun when you're grabbing smaller sizes! :-)

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

YAY! What a great feeling! I lost 20 lbs a couple years ago and it was so much fun to go shopping.

About the dress for the three events... my opinion is, you can get away with it. I mean who would say anything? But if you can find alternate outfits, I'd do that.