Saturday, October 08, 2005

Things that really annoy me

1. When you wake up to the horrible sound of your dog getting ready to yak... and realize he's under your covers.

2.When you realize your heroine's name is spelled with an ie not a y and you have been mixing them up... for the last 200 pages.

3. When your husband comes home from work at 4 am and you realize that not only are you not going to be able to sleep again, but you have a 400 round trip ahead of you that day.

4. When the same man who just destroyed your sleep wants to get frisky with you.

5.When you go to a highschool football game, sit on a hard little bench that makes your legs go to sleep, drink really horrible coffee, have your finger stepped on my a highschool kid oogling your daughter, practically die of mind numbing boredom and then hear the blessed bell ring... only to realize that you have to do that three more times before you can go home.

6. When you fill up on bbq pork and fried won ton and you spent the money on your entree for nothing because you couldn't possibly eat it.

7.Waiting for agents and editors to get back to you. (You knew that was coming, didn't you?")

4 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Look on the bright side, it could have been worse.

1. Dave Salesky could have been right, and it *could have* rained on you during that boring football game. After all, we live in the Pacific Northwet.

2. You *could have* been stuck in traffic for 3 hrs trying to get home. (Okay, that happened to me last week coming home from OHSU, but we won't go there AGAIN).

3. You *could have* gotten food poisoning from said Chinese food.

4. You *could have to* drive to La Grande instead of Hermiston.

5. You *could* not have anything to tease editors and agents with in the first place.

Yes, I'm a *glass is half full* kind of gal. Although my realist CP is slowly turning me toward the dark side.

Rachel Vincent said...

Bless your heart, Teri. Especially about the dog vomit. And as for the misspelled name, thank goodness for Word's "find and replace" function. I use it almost as much as spell check. And the thesaurus. And the translator. Oh, heck. I love Word.

Hang in there. The free time I wished you should be coming soon. Let me know when it arrives. ;-)

(I'm answering your outline question on my comments page, so as not to take up room on yours.)

Kristen Painter said...

Ohmy, number one is so funny I snorted.

Jaci Burton said...

I'm with Kristen. I howled on # 1, especially since one of my pups is barfing up god only knows what today. *g*

And I like Elisabeth's glass is half full theory. And she's right about her #5...you could not have anything to tease editors and agents with. A very good point. *grin*

Have a good week ;-)