Friday, February 10, 2006

When the week ends

I learned a long time ago that in the writing world, at least my writing world, the week doesn't end just because Friday has arrived. Instead of being disgruntled about that, I find it rather comforting. Because the three things left on my weekly to do list could possibly get done by the end of tomorrow. Maybe.

Let's see what I have. Find sources for bedwetting activities. I found one. Does that count? I am supposed to have two, so probably not. I haven't sent questions for the crying solution because I am waiting for the book. Hopefully it will be here today.

But the biggy though-- I haven't finished chapter three. After staring at a blank page for half a day, I managed to write seven pages yesterday. Because of my nonfiction work, I rarely write more than then a chapter in a week, if that. I need to ramp it up. I need to pull a Gena Showalter or something. A chapter a day. As if. My arm would fall off.
So today my goal is to do another 7 pages, which would pull me in close enough to finish it tomorrow, (which is still a part of the week, dontcha know) and finish off an article so I can invoice. Tomorrow... write and edit, baby, write and edit. Maybe even get chapter two to my fabulously cool and talented CP.

Oh wait. Tomorrow is chapter meeting. Okay. That's it. I have to finish today. Gads. Oh no... I have a doctor appointment today! (Much cursing and ranting ensues) I'm fine. I'm good.
Must run.

1 comment:

Rachel Vincent said...

I know how you feel. Everything seems to be getting in the way of writing this week.