Okay, here goes... anyone have any suggestions let me know:)
Career Plan Teri Brown 2007-2012
- Earn a minimum of sixty thousand dollars by year 2012
- Join PRO and then PAN (when able) via RWA
- Join NINC (when able)
- Join PASIC (when able)
- Attend RWA National Conference when published and every other year after that.
- Attend RT the years I don’t go to RWA Nationals
- Attend two regional conferences every year.
- Enter a minimum of three contests every year.
- Create more time so I can work uninterrupted hours.
- Double my nonfiction income until I start consistently selling fiction books
- Join Freelance Success
Strategy To Attain Goals
- Use a daily and weekly action plan to track my work to make sure I’m on pace.
- Pay attention to the market. What’s Hot? What’s Not?
- Once I sell the first book, establish myself in YA fiction and series romance. Try to publish/write five books a year.
- Study the romance works of Shirley Jump, Jane Porter and Pamela Britton, who write the way I want to write. Also study the YA work of Mari Mancusi, Simone Echols and Bev Katz Rosenbaum, who write the way I write.
- Continue to study my craft with books, workshops, writing classes and my critique partners.
- Read as many award winning books in my genres as I can.
- Judge two contests a year.
- Study the market.
- Once contracted, develop an extensive mailing list of readers and book sellers.
- Start developing a trade magazine client base
- Send out three queries a week
- Suscribe to RT Magazine
- Update my goals every December
- On signing my first contract, get a website.
- Get enough sleep.
- Eat healthy so my mind and body can keep up with my demands
- Exercise daily so I can have the endurance to meet my goals.