We may get them today or tomorrow. Already talked with the caseworker on how to avoid what happened last time from happening again. (burnout on my family's part)We are coming from a better place this time-- both of my kids are in school all day so they get a big break during the day. My son is all for it, my daughter is cautious and wants to know how long.
How things will be different:
- We are only taking two.
- The state will give me money for some in home assistance and outside day care.
- My bil and sil are becoming certified respite caregivers for us and will be taking the girls overnight from 5pm to 5pm once a week.
- The children will have twice weekly visits with Mom.
- They will be taking the girls to all doctor appointments.
- The oldest girl will be going to Headstart.
So it will be very different from last time. I've learned a lot and realize that my own energy source is much more limited than what it was when my babies were, well, babies. I have to work. It is important to me and my family. I have worked hard for my career and I love it. I think that is part of what went wrong last time.
But my heart does break for the boy. Am praying that grandma and grandpa will be able to take him.
Okay, off to get work done while I'm able!