Thursday, February 15, 2007

Nine Articles

Yes. nine. Due before the end of the month. I must be insane. So much for working on Dash.

Heard nothing from the HQ American contest so I figure that boat has sailed. Considering they must get hundreds of entries, I'm not surprised I didn't place. Will hear on the Great Expectations contest toward the end of the month and then I'm done waiting to hear on contests till the GH.

I decided I must be doing something wrong because it is really stressful having these warm wee ones in my house. Am I not organized enough? What? I give them tons of time and attention and they still want more. They eat constantly. The three year old can't decide whether she wants to play in the backyard or stay in and the baby discovered her voice and walks around the house shrieking at the top of her lungs. I don't remember this when my kids were young. Now granted, I understand these kids are probably still in shock to have all their needs met in a timely manner, but still. But, it is incredibly gratifying to see how happy they are. They are positively thriving. Their lawyer said as much when she visited.

But I still have to get up at 4:30 am to get anything done.

6 comments:

Rachel Vincent said...

Hang in there, Teri. You're doing a wonderful thing for those girls. ;-)

Jill Monroe said...

Oh, I am so glad to hear the little ones are doing great. Like what Rachel said - you're doing a great thing!!

Good luck on the GE contest!

sp said...

i just realized i have 10 due by the end of the month. plus at least one editing assignment. ouch.

Lexi said...

Wonderful news about the kids. Rachel's right. You're doing a great thing for them.

I've got a couple other friends waiting on the Great Exepectations contest. Not too much longer. I'll keep my fingers crossed. And the GH? That's just around the corner. (Not that I'm thinking about it or anything.)

Good luck on the 9 articles. Better you than me!

Kristen Painter said...

My three-year-old nephew and almost four-month-old neice left this morning (with their mother) after a two week stay.

I have such a greater appreciation for what you're doing although how anyone gets any writing done with that population in the house is beyond me.

stephhale said...

Teri~

Your house sounds exactly like mine. All my boys do is run shrieking through the house, EAT, climb all over me, and basically test every ounce of patience that I have. I wish we lived closer so we could throw them all together. Maybe they would entertain themselves. :)
I'm so happy about the GE contest! You rock, girlfriend! :)
xo,
Steph