Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Yes, I'm Writing

The dearth of writing related blogs doesn't mean I'm not writing. I'm sending out my last two articles of the month today. With everything going on I've managed to invoice for eleven articles. Pretty darn proud of that. In spite of having the wee ones on top of a life that is normally nutso busy. Add some family drama and I can tell you it was more than interesting.

I'm going to be cutting way back this month and do six or seven articles and finish up DASH. This is ridiculous. I have less than 25,000 left to go on it.

In other writing related news... my agent followed up on all the outstanding LIPS manuscripts that haven't been responded to. Turns out that three, yes, three of the editors had lost them. So sorry. Please resend! WTF? I have been waiting six months for that?And all three are editors I would kill to work with. Ah well, maybe the guilt of leaving me hanging for so long and losing my manuscript will put LIPS toward the top of their reading pile. One can only hope.

Must run off to proof the last of the articles and send in!

8 comments:

stephhale said...

Teri~
That's heartbreaking! I think the guilt factor is definitely on your side. And while it totally sux that they lost them at least they didn't just say they didn't want to buy it. I have everything crossed hoping for a quick sale. It's kind of painful! :)
xo,
Steph

Rachel Vincent said...

Man, Teri, that sucks! About the lost manuscripts, not all the work you've gotten done. That part's awesome!

Amanda Ashby said...

On the plus side, I bet those editors read LIPS pretty darn quick this time around. Lots of fairy dust heading your way!!!!

Jill Monroe said...

Grrr, that is frustrating, but at least they'll get a chance to NOT lose them now.

Glad you're writing!

Kristen Painter said...

Lost them?! Wow. That's professional.

Anonymous said...

Yikes on the editors who lost your mss, Teri. That so sucks!

Here's hoping they put LIPS on top of the reading pile. Fingers crossed. :-)

Lexi said...

Oh, that bites! Good luck next time around.

Anonymous said...

Хотела заказать [url=http://shkafy.com/uglovye/]угловой шкаф купе[/url] расскажите еще что то, ассортимент сейчас стал большой запуталась я