Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm Speechless

Um wow.

My life is certainly interesting lately. The wee foster kids. My career. My own children going through all their teenaged angst. My husband who is more forty than foolish, but still manages to be foolish.

Why can't everyone just keep keeping on? The stress of taking care of the wee foster girls, the worry about the teens(though both are great kids, there are still worries!)the worry about my health, the finances, etc, shall all pass. Everything seems bigger because of the added pressure of the babies... why can't everyone just do what they are supposed to and survive. NO. People can't do that. They must always blow everything out of proportion.

Why did God create the family so that the children would be going through their hormonal changes just as the parents were going through theirs? Why does adolescence and middle age have to coincide? Was it so everyone would be ready for them to fly out of the nest?

Don't these people know I have deadlines?????

3 comments:

Rachel Vincent said...

My mom had me when she was 20, and my two sisters the next two years. We went through puberty when she was in her mid-late thirties, so our hormonal shifts didn't line up with hers.

But if it makes you feel any better, I don't think that helped her at all. ;-)

And keep in mind, you're actually raising two generations of children, not just one. And I suspect you're doing a wonderful job with both. ;-)

Lexi said...

Hang in there and take care of yourself. I won't say it'll get easier, but I'm sure you'll get stronger than you already are and you'll be able to tackle anything!

Hey, just think! After your real life, this publishing stuff should be a breeze!

Babe King said...

LOL- hang in there. :-)You can do this.