Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Class of 2k8 blog and more

The class of 2k8 is a group of 28 debut middle grade and young adult authors who have banded together to reach librarians, teachers and booksellers. I am lucky enough to be a part of the group. The website isn't quite ready, thanks to technical difficulties, but our blog is hopping! Check it out! We even got a mention in Galley Cat!

http://www.classof2k8.blogspot.com/

Along those lines, I have realized that my book comes out this year and I must start the promotions wheel turning! I am both excited and daunted by such a huge undertaking. I know I'm not reinventing the wheel so I started a yahoo group called fiction writers discuss publicity. That way we can put our collective heads together and come up with some great ideas.

Here's the blurb about it: This group is for contracted or published novelists to discuss publicity tips on promoting their books. Included will be branding, methods, how to create successful events, cross promotion and other publicity tips. This is not for spamming the list with book advertisements, but rather a place to brainstorm and get tips on promoting your book.

If you fit the description, you can sign up by sending an email here: (keep in mind that you already have to be signed up for yahoogroups for it to work:)

fictionwritersdiscusspublicity-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Have a list as long as my arm to do. Hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

No comments: