Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Revisited...

My darling son went out with his best friend Saturday night and made me a Mother's Day basket, with candles and coffee cups and lotions... How sweet and thoughtful was that?



Later that afternoon, I went to the mall with my darling daughter. We bought coffee, went shopping for running stuff (we decided to start running together, squee!) and went out to lunch. It was nice getting to spend time with her... between school, her new job and her new boyfriend, I don't get to see her as much.

Then I went to my Mom's with a delicious chocolate cake. Everything was fine until the subject of my launch party came up and I tried, very gently, to tell her no. Let's put it this way... she could teach a class in the fine art of mother guilt. But since I have NOTHING to feel guilty about, I prevailed. She isn't doing well, physically, and my June is maxed. So no...I do not want a party where I have to worry about her and worry about finding time, etc. My Mom doesn't do no very well. (So that's where I get it from!) Not even the cake made her happy.

Oh, and my dad decided he doesn't like cake.

I think next year I'm just going to kick it with my kids and send Mom a card.

How was your Mother's Day?

4 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Happy Mother's Day! Buying running gear with your daughter and a basket from your son! What a great day. :)

Amazing! Spent yesterday with my family and Saturday with a press pass at the USA vs. Washington Glory softball game in Maryland. A dream come true. :)

Annie said...

Duplicate basket was delivered to me :)

Son took all of us to breakfast and paid for it (that's a first!).

PJ Hoover said...

I love what your kids did for you! How sweet!
And disregard the guilt. Have some cake.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.