Sometimes the life of a writer can be a bit frustrating. The ups and downs, the numb fingers, the joy of an acceptance (Or even a reply;) the agony of defeat... oh wait. That's sports. You know what I mean.
- Tried to add some links to my blog. Couldn't figure it out and had to stop before I broke something. (Number one frustrating thing.)
- Dh forgot to pick up coffee last night so I am stuck with green tea. Which is probably better for me, but not the same, by any means. (Number two)
- I didn't get expected check yesterday... Just how long am I going to have to wait, people? Don't these editors/publishers know I have coaches to pay? (Number three)
- I wanted to sleep in and the cats woke me up. Why did I think it was a good idea to collect six cats?(four)
- I finished up only one article yesterday. Which means I have two today and I desperately need to work on my fiction. (five)
- Why, oh why, was I so stupid to let my fiction take a back seat to my nonfiction? I would be so much further ahead right now, both career wise and craft wise had I been more consistent. Oh, yeah, I had to make money, that's why. (Six)
Okay... to please the Gods of Karma or whatever, I must now write down six things that are going well.
- My query for Pour Some Sugar on Me has generated much agent interest. Two of them from my, "would die to work with this agent,"list!
- I am actually making a decent, if inconsistent, living as a writer. (That is an amazing, wonderful gift from the heavens)
- My brain tumor is still a dead mass in my head and the radiation thus far hasn't turned up any ill affects like sprouting a moustache or a second nose.
- My teens still like to spend time with me and my dh, when not making me absolutely bats, is still pretty fine. It's been sixteen years, so that is definately a bonus.
- I've lost forty pound since November and even though I have about 25 more, I am holding steady.
- My editorial jobs at Northwest Woman are challenging and fun even if they don't pay much of anything.
There, all evened out. I feel a bit better. Except now I am hungry!
I HAVE NO COFFEE FOR MY SUNDAY MORNING BREAKFAST!