Saturday, January 14, 2006

I Got It!

I got the idea for another book. I took Shannon Mckeldon's idea blueprint and just let these little scraps of ideas grow. I played with them here and there. Moved this and that, matched up one idea with another and discarded them. The problem is that I had two different ideas and was trying to meld them together, but it didn't work. Obviously they are two different books.

Then today it all started sorting itself out and falling into place. I was driving in my car and one of the key ideas just laid itself out in front of me and everything else just came together. I was wild with excitement. Not really conducive to safe driving.

But I LOVE when that happens, when the germ of an idea grows into a fully plotted novel. I still have a few holes, but it's there! I wrote it all down today because I am not going to work on this for a while. I am just trying to map out some career goals because once I sell Rink Rats things will start happening. (I will make sure of that:) I wanted the series plotted out, a proposal for another book and a fully realized idea for another one. Now that I have that I can rest. Or at least focus a bit on making some real money! I ahave been completely neglecting my nonfiction work. Well, not completely, but I haven't invoiced yet this month which is scary!

Okay... time for the Seahawks game!

4 comments:

Shannon McKelden said...

Glad to help! :-)

Go Hawks!!!

Shannon

Trish Milburn said...

Congrats on the breakthrough with the idea. Reminds me of that quote from The A-Team: "I love it when a plan comes together." :)

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo, Teri :)

Rachel Vincent said...

Okay, where's this idea blueprint?

I'm really happy for you, but horribly jealous. Ideas just don't come to me like that. But I hope you sell every one of them. And I admire your confidence.