Thursday, August 31, 2006

Thirteen Hours

I have thirteen hours until the children leave and thought I would pass the time by thinking of all the things having them here has taught me.

  • I do not, in any way, shape or form, want another baby.
  • I don't think I was cut out to be a mom to little ones.
  • That sex leads to poopy, bad smelling, whining, needy, demanding creatures who take over your whole life.
  • How good a clean baby smells.
  • How close we are as a family
  • That sometimes you have to do the right thing even if it hurts.
  • Sharpened our negotiation skills.
  • That six year olds always have one more thing to say.
  • How funny little ones can really be.
  • That a two year old can ask you what you are doing fifty trillion times... even if they can see what you are doing.
  • That women who can have successful writing careers while wiping noses and making snacks are to be held in awe.

1 comment:

Rachel Vincent said...

I think you've done a wonderful thing, and I think the impression it leaves on those kids' lives will outlast the inconvenience you've endured. They'll probably love you forever. ;-)