- For one thing, I'm pmsing. Oh, Lord, why did you design me to be at the mercy of hormones? I know you are Lord of all things, but why did You, the Being that created the heavens and the earth, the cells and the platipus for crying out loud, design me to be at the beck and call of hormones running from a gland at the back of my head to my ovaries and then all through my body? I wanna know.
- For another, it started to rain again after two days of loveliness. Not long enough. It's like a giant cosmic tease to show us exactly why we live in the Pacific Northwest and then take it away again. March was one of the rainiest months ever and April has been no better. We get two breathtaking days of sun and then it's gone in a puff of mist. An author once said, "People in the Pacific Northwest have as many names for rain as the Inuits do snow." I believe it.
- Cigarettes are bad for you. Why God, why? Enough said.
- My book hasn't sold and may never sell. The RWA GH scores were absymal. I have one of the best agents in the business and it still hasn't sold. It seems as if everyone is selling except me. Why??? I wanna know.
- Why do fifteen year olds suddenly believe that their parents, who have lived rich, full and eventful lives, are stupid? Don't know squat. I say wait a couple days before you do anything rash and she waits exactly 10 minutes. We say don't use your cell phone anymore the bill is gonna be big. A dozen times we say this. Then we get the bill. $736 dollars. Then she throws a fit the next day when we tell her she has to help clean the garage. Why, God, why? I wanna know.
- My mother is back in the same state as I am. Why God, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????
- Cigarettes are bad for you. Oh wait, I already put that. Oh well, it's worth repeating.
Can you tell I want a cigarette? I got de blues baby.