Monday, February 18, 2008

All Over the Place

This is pretty much a random blog filled with random ass notes.

Writing wise, I am kicking butt. After spending three weeks on chapter two of Laguna, I spent Saturday writing and finishing chapter three. Go figure. Maybe it really was just a tough place and not my secret inability to string words together.

Maybe I'm not losing it! I still have quite a bit of polishing to do, but hope to have it out to my agent by next Monday.

Promotion wise, I am not kicking so much butt. I still have to start my contacts data bases (detail work that I hate),plus, I need to follow up and make sure that my school people got an arc. I need to figure out a way to do my own website updates, etc. I am also pretty bummed that I can't do RSS feeds from here to my MySpace/LJ without doing a lot of frightening techie stuff that makes me sick to my stomach to think about. No bueno.

Home wise, I am still working on my bid for the most improved Martha Stewart/Bri Van De Kamp clone. House is clean, cupboards are getting organized and for dinner Saturday night, I created fabulous chicken and black bean quesadillas from Friday night's orange roasted chicken leftovers. Served with mango salsa and icy cold microbrew beer and you have a meal fit for TV.

Friend wise, I had a good weekend as well. Had coffee yesterdday morning with my fabulous CP Kerry Blaisdell and then went back to the same coffee shop several hours later to have coffee with a new friend, a young YA writer who just moved back to the area from New York.

I was uncomfortably caffeinated, but recovered now.

Who wrote the album I used for my title?

Secret Countdown: 184

2 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

The Bangles.
Website updates are not hard. Really. I do my own now, and once you get a system, it goes very well. And so much better to just do them when they need done!
See ya :)

Annie said...

You know...if we don't have coffee soon, I'm gonna have to rethink my blog...

snicker