Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Kitchen Remodel...

In my quest to become more perfect I've decided that we need a kitchen remodel. Actually, that's a dirty lie. I've been panting over remodeled kitchens since about year five in our ten year residence in this charming 1970 ranch style abode. "But Teri," you ask, "why would anyone one want to remodel a kitchen with such obvious retro allure?"

"Good question, dear internets. Perhaps I have simply tired of trailer park chic. Or maybe I would like to have a wall without visable wiring plastered and sanded into it. (a little gift we found when we removed the delightful blue and pink farmhouse wall paper, gifted to us by the previous owners.)"

At any rate, we had a contracter in last night and we told him what we wanted and what we didn't want. Would have been easier if we had a clear picture of what we wanted and didn't want, don't you think? Poor guy. So we should be getting the quote from him by the end of the week which will make my husband have a major anxiety attack and will take all my wiles to talk him down.

I really wanted a tuscan look...but now am realizing a tuscan look would look fairly absurd with my transitional/modern livingroom/office/diningroom. There is nothing old world looking about my house except for perhaps the siding and the roof.

I would love to have a kitchen with a more modern design without losing the warmth... and for the next big question... my walls are a very dark/deep red. The kitchen is open so it's really apart of the livingroom and office/diningroom... what color should I make the kitchen???

Secret Countdown: 134

5 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Hmmm. I plan to remodel the kitchen this summer and make it red. But more orangey-red.

Heather Harper said...

Are your kitchen walls red or your living room area walls?

Kristen Painter said...

I love deep dark red. Why not use it in the kitchen too? OR try a cream shade of yellow. Goes great with that color red and is really nice for kitchens.

Amanda Ashby said...

Ooh how exciting about getting a new kitchen. Sorry I can't help with colors but when it comes to visulising stuff like that, I'm a complete dunce. However, take me shopping for house accesories and it's another story!!!!!!

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Oh, the joys of remodeling. Sigh. I'm in the midst of gearing up for a remodel of my three bathrooms--new floors, countertops, sinks, and faucets in each. Of course, three different groups have to do those three different jobs, so I have to get it choreographed just right to get them all in and out by specific dates. I've picked everything out, but now need to just bite the bullet and go down and order/pay for everything. I'm SO not been enjoying doing all of this "one step forward, two steps back" with the decision making by myself. But I guess we just have to remember how much nicer our homes will look after all the hassle, right? :-) Good luck!

Christina