Saturday, September 06, 2008

A Little More Direction...

Okay, so I have a bit more direction...

I didn't get the job. But they were impressed enough with me to ask me to please come in for an author event and to please propose a couple of classes because they would love to have me teach, They also wanted me to be a facilitator for a group of homeschool parents, but that would actually interfere with my new school schedule!

So I go to the advising session, which was awesome, but I was too late to get a drug and alcohol class, so I'm taking a couple of Gen Ed classes. Psychology 201 and Writing 121. I register online today.

I also applied for another job... only nine hours a week at a low income housing complex... I'd be doing after school activities with middle grade kids. I would really, really like this one and the hours work out well with my schedule. So please say prayers that I get an interview. I have no formal training with kids, but have done a ton of volunteer work in that area. So maybe.

If I work for a social work, I would have a better chance of getting into the counseling program and the job might fill my practicum requirements as well.

So... we'll see.

But I am registering for classes today. One step at a time:)

5 comments:

Heather Harper said...

Go you! :-)

Kerry Blaisdell said...

Sorry you didn't get the job. But congrats on moving forward with the long-term goals. And fingers crossed about the other job!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sending good thoughts your way that you get an interview :)

PJ Hoover said...

The best thing is that you're moving forward! You can never stay still in life. It's either forward or back. And you've made your choice!
And it's awesome!

Barrie said...

Just checking in to see how it's going for you. And cheering you on from the sidelines.