Sunday, September 21, 2008

Race For the Cure!

Today I will be doing my first 5k race. Unfortunately, I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. I really want to run the whole thing... we'll see. I will be running with Delilah Marvelle, fellow author and all around fabulous person. We are so doing this!

Edit: I DID IT! I RAN THE WHOLE WAY!

And I didn't actually run with Delilah... she runs way too fast:) But we did high five at one section where the course ran back past itself and she did wait for me to finish. What a pal! My husband got waylayed into doing someone else's job and wasn't there to see me finished, so I was really happy to see her. Took me 34:13 minutes...

But I did it.

Edit 2: If you are trying to get in touch with me via text message, be advised that my phone is basically dead... the inside screen is dark. I had to take it with me on the run so I could find my family afterwards and I didn't want to carry it so I stuck it in my cleavage. Wear a regular bra and a sports bra and you have killer cleavage. In more ways than one, cause my phone is now incapacitated. That'll teach it to get fresh.

7 comments:

Lexi said...

Good luck! You can do it!

Kerry Blaisdell said...

You go, girls! I'm rooting for you!!

Annie said...

Killer boobs

oh

by the way

I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!

Amanda Ashby said...

Woot - way to go Teri (or should we call you phone killer girl instead!!!??). Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you have totally inspired me to turn my one hour daily walk into a half hour jog instead and it's been...fun!!! Who knew?

Keri Mikulski said...

Congrats!!! :)

Anonymous said...

WTG, Teri!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Teri! :)