Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mini Rants

Just thought I'd get a few things off my chest...

1. Sharing a Car with my Daughter. Yall met her when she jacked my blog. Pretty. Funny. And a diabolical car snatcher. One moment it's there, the next moment when I'm heading out with my keys in a blind craze to get myself a pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia... it's not. I furiously start to text her and realize she shouldn't be reading texts while driving our new car anyway. By the time she gets home, I'm usually asleep in a sugar deprived coma and by the next morning I have forgotten until I need the car again. Note to self. Hide her keys. And mine.

2.Family Drama: Not my little family, extended family. Because OH. MY. GOD. (Insert huge massive eye roll. So large in fact, that my eyes dislodge themselves from their mooring and roll across the floor.)

3. Waiting If there's anything about the publishing business that I can't stand, it's the waiting. Wait for your agent to read a proposal. Wait for an editor to read a proposal. Wait for the marketing people to read a proposal. Wait for a contract. Wait for Advance. Wait for the cover art. Good grief, people. Do you know that what time a writer isn't spent on writing and marketing is spent on waiting?

And because I never want to end on a negative note, check out my post on Linda Gerber's blog where we are all celebrating the launch of her new YA book, Death by Latte! Then check out this fantastic book trailer for The Possibilities of Sainthood. I must get this book! It's gotten HUGE rave reviews from Publishers Weekly, Kirkus and the like.

8 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Waiting sucks and so does family drama.. :)

Don't know about the sharing the car thing yet. I can't imagine. Right now, we're into tricycles.

Heather Harper said...

Omigosh, I have to read that book!

Jessica Burkhart said...

You'll love it, Heather! It's excellent! :)

Lisa Schroeder said...

I stopped by to see if you were still waiting. I see that you are. Hopefully good news SOOOOON!!!

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

It could be worse... remember the days when you were waiting to finish your very first draft, or waiting to find an agent interested, or waiting for him/her to find a publisher who wanted to publish it...

I want to hear more about the family drama...

Love teh book trailer.

Lexi said...

LOL! Breathe, Teri! Remember your happy place and breathe.

Barrie said...

Maybe you need the club?

Guess who I met in real life? Jenny, PJ, Stacy and Brooke! Wow!!!!

Linda Sherwood said...

Now my head hurts -- I get unreasonably upset about sharing a PHONE with my daughter. I can't imagine sharing a vehicle. I would go postal if I went out to use my car and it was gone.