Monday, September 08, 2008

Wow, Even More Direction...

So I go to church yesterday and reconnect with an old friend. A very smart, compassionate woman with a masters in counseling who owns her own business. We talk a little about my aspirations and she suggests that I attend the Genesis Change orientation that is meeting that night. So I do.

Wow.

Not only is it a powerful counseling and addiction recovery program, but it has an amazing success rate and combines the lastest in neuroscience and human behavior with faith. One of the leaders of the group also returned to school to get a counseling degree and got credit for the Genesis training seminars she attended because it's so well thought of. This is fabulous for me, because not only can I get a grip on changing any destructive behaviors I might have,(like my currently off, but easily turned on addiction to nicotine) but in order to get into the counseling program at the college, I have to undergo counseling myself and this will totally fill that requirement.

A total win win. It's a pretty intensive program and will take all year, but I am so psyched! I am going to learn a TON!

See, if you are open to direction, it comes.

4 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Yes! It does! I love that about life!

Shari Green said...

It sounds amazing! And yay for being patient and staying open to receive direction. :)

Keri Mikulski said...

Interesting! Total fate. :) Good luck.

Lexi said...

Sounds great, Teri! I'm so happy for you.