Sunday, June 05, 2005

Party Hardy

Have a BBQ for the end of the skate club year today. This is the first year our club has been invited to join the other clubs so I am hoping for a good turnout. Since I am the contact person between our club and the other clubs for this event if anything goes wrong, I will be the one to get an earful. (We are a fairly new club which is why we have never been asked before) That starts at noon and I am driving somewhere I have never been which makes me very nervous. I have a thing about driving.

After that we have to run back and get to another party. The graduation party of one of our dear friends. Am so proud of her! Her mother ran away with another man when she was fifteen and she basically took care of her eleven year old sister and her six year old sister. I plan on getting revenge on this woman by writing her into a book, name and all.

So not only do I have to drive to unfamilar places, I have to do it in a tearing hurry.

I have been trying to stay off the computer for a couple of days and give my arm a chance to heal. it is doing beautifully. Will give it another day and then tomorrow will have to kick it again. I have eleven articles due this month as well as the fiction work I wish to get done. I have a lot to do.

I went and got my hair highlighted and cut last night in anticipation for the big event this week. I also picked up an Anne Klien black blazer with thin pink pin stripes for... get this... $45! In my size. OMG! Looks fabulous with my new striped hair. Also picked up a pair of dark jeans and the cutest little pink high heals... I haven't worn high heels since the eighties!

I am hoping that it will work... the Editor of the magazine did say she wanted some privy jtime with me before or after the event... that could mean that she regrets giving me so much responsiblitiy or that she adores me and is going to give me a fat raise. At any rate am verra nervous about the whole thing.

4 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Fingers crossed for the fat raise. The jacket and shoes sound verra cute! Go get 'em!

Jana Armstrong said...

Fingers crossed for the big fat raise!!

Anonymous said...

I'll add my crossed fingers to the mix, Teri :)

Gena Showalter said...

Me too. Crossing toes, as well :)