Thursday, September 15, 2005

blogmania

I don't know why I called my blog that.... I just couldn't think of anything else.

I wasn't able to write anything else yesterday on the work in progress because I took the wrong floppy to the rink. Instead I wrote the synopsis to my new book and I can't even tell you how excited I am about this one! I wish I could work on it right now, but I am not allowing myself till I finish RInk Rats.

I just had a CP call me on the lack of sparkle in my writing. I love CP's. I so needed that. Sometimes I just skim across the story instead of getting into it and drawing the reader with me. My old nonfiction voice coming out. Report it, don't experience it. Now I know there are those non-fiction writers who can take you into a world with them, but that isn't the type of stuff I do. I write magazine fluff. Read it quickly and hopefully have some take away value. But that is totally different from novel writing.

Wow. I should query WD about that. Trading Voices... oh, that would so sell! Okay... I am going to put that on my to do list for this week!

In fact. I am going to go start that now. Or when I get back from the freaking rink. The rink time is my novel writing time.