Saturday, September 10, 2005

On Procrastination

I should be writing.

I wanted to get that right out front. Considering that Gena Showalter finished the first draft of her new YA novel in a week, I feel like a slacker taking several months with On the Edge. And I should be writing on it as we speak.

I did want to tell of my great fun day though. It was the meeting for my local RWA chapter, Rose City Writers. So much talent! Good speaker. But the most fun was talking to Delilah Ahrendt, who turns out to be one of the clients who went with Nadia Cornier to her new agency. How exciting. She adores Nadia. Verra interesting stuff. I love talking about the business.

But I should be writing. I'm having trouble with this chapter. Thought I'd be done with it now, but for some reason there's no flow. I think being busy has something to do with it. I haven't been able to get any long periods of time in which to work. I did go back and layer in a separation for one of the main character's parents. That's something, right?

I got another request for a partial. Wish me luck with that. Found out that I may not hear from that editor for two or three months. TWO OR THREE MONTHS! I thought I would write her after a month. Harumph.

2 comments:

Cherlyn Michaels said...

Hey, I say the layering is progress! Any day where you end up with more words on paper than what you started with is progress. That's the way I see it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »