Monday, September 05, 2005

On Long Weekends

I hate long weekends.

Yeah, I know it's practically unamerican (Is that capitalized? Looks weird.) I should love them. Weekends hearlding the beginning of summer or the beginning of the new school year. Weekends kicking off the holiday season, or giving us a break during the long, cold winter.

But I don't.

When you love what you do and half the time what you do involves either waiting for a response from someone or trying to get in touch with someone, long weekends simply increase your waiting hell. Because people don't just take the weekend off. They take the whole freaking week. Editors don't seem to think I take any time off cause they give me deadlines right in the middle of the bloody weekend.

I got a short email from an agent last night. Yeah, late Sunday night. I wanted to hug her. Or at the very least tell her how much we have in common because she obviously doesn't like long weekends either! I didn't though. Don't want her to think I am stalking her.

One more day. Then hopefully the wheels of the publishing business will start churning again.

3 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Waiting stinks, huh? I agree. :)

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Brenda said...

Long weekends do suck, and not in a good way. Kids make you crazier, nothing is available. I'm with you 100% on this.

Now, if I worked outside the home, I'd probably disagree. LOL But since I'm here - I totally get the waiting thing.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! interior designer venlafaxine and solubility very pretty girls with wet pants Email marketing company mlm lead black girls pussy filterite marine water filter Combination skin acne treatments Jeep hitch wiring Web design and computers hockey coaching aids fishing hotspots software Jim lewis project management training Hidden teen sex cams Room source in stockton ca making fishing leaders saltwater Derma e skin care