Friday, September 02, 2005

My news

okay will spill some.

Networking is amazing. Was on a new list and introduced myself. Told about my WIP. One very nice, multipublished author said that if I really knew my stuff I should try her editor because the editor is a huge skate fan. I said I knew my stuff, she talked to her editor and the editor requested the proposal immediately. Major editor. Major house.

This all happened in a flurry of emails in one day. One morning actually.

Most of me understands that I will no doubt get a rejection.

But there is that part...

Of course, that's the part that will be crushed when I get the rejection. LOL

In the meantime, I have a gazillion things to do and I don't want to do any of it. I should:

Write article on special needs finances
Finish restauraunt review and turn it in
Finish book club interview and turn it in.
Write feature on Bend Oregon and turn it in
Finish editing chapter six and send to crit group
Balance checkbook
pick up moms computer from the shop
take daughter to the mall to get hair cut
take son to sears to pick up amazing deals on games

Yeah. Can I go back to bed?

5 comments:

Gena Showalter said...

Major, major congrats!! This is fantastic. Don't count on a rejection, young lady. Sometimes wonderful things do happen!!

Rachel Vincent said...

I hope when you hear (especially if you get good news) that you'll tell us (especially those of us who live vicariously through others) WHICH major house this is.

Good luck!

Jaci Burton said...

This is just too cool! And the last time I thought nothing would come of something, I made a huge sale, so great things can and do happen. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Cherlyn Michaels said...

Well, I'm hoping that you will hear good news. Congtrats on the networking and garnering the interest! Now, think positive! Always, think positive!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Wow, Teri! That's so exciting! Keep us all updated!