Monday, December 05, 2005

And the waiting begins

I can't believe that my career will change in just the next few days. Not sure what is going to happen yet, but I am excited for it to begin. Usually things happen so quickly you don't really have a chance to think about it. It is odd standing upon the precipice watching things happen.

I am glad I will be gone most of the day at the figure skating test for my daughter. It's at our rink so I have to be there. She is nervous. She is afraid of passing because it's a big test and she doesn't know if she is ready for the level she will be going into. (Boy, do I know how that feels) I know she's ready and her coach knows she's ready, but she doesn't. She does know that no matter what, we will love her and it will be okay.

As for me, I do know that I am excited to get on with it. To go to the next level and then the next level. In spite of my own fear that I'm not ready for it. Like my daughter, I know that I am not alone. I have some good friends and six CPs who are totally responsible for me getting to this point.

Right now, I'm happy observing. For the first time in a long time, the waiting isn't driving me nuts.

2 comments:

Jill Monroe said...

Sending you all kinds of good vibes for these next few days.

Hey, we have something in common - I just enrolled my kids in ice skating lessons. This after a girl scour excursion where the youngest basically held onto the side and cried.

Hated the first two lessons. Tried everything in the book to get out of them.

Today she said she couldn't wait to go back to skating. Mommy guilt dissolved!

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Camping out Eric a rose campbell Norweigan alaska cruise Panama moving companies Tire advertisement power wheelchair Financial advisor in sheffield