Monday, December 12, 2005

Insecurities

Oh, Lord do I have em.

Just when I thought I was safe from them, I find myself wondering when my agent is going to realize that she made a mistake.

I got the the rewritten prologue back and they didn't care for it. Said the tone was too different from the book. I could toally see that and rewrote it and sent it back... the tone matches the book and really raises the tension. It is now almost 2:00 their time and I have heard nothing. Nothing. They were supposed to be sending it out today. What if she hates it. What if she decided the book sucks and is trying to figure out away to rescind her decision?

Oh God, that's it, right?

See, I told you I had them.

The pit in my stomach is down to my feet and I am ready to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head.

7 comments:

Rachel Vincent said...

Oh, Teri, I'm laughing so hard right now, not at you, but at me. You sound exactly like I did last week, when I was sure my agent had changed her mind, and just didn't want to tell me.

Relax. They didn't change their minds. They're just busy. Trident is a huge agency, and they have lots of clients, and even more hopefulls. Give them some time, and fix yourself a martini. But just one. Nerves never deserve more than one drink. Save the bottle for the celebration I know you have coming up.

Jill Monroe said...

I hear you loud and clear!

I wish there was some magic pill that would take all these feelings away. Of course, there'd probably be some weird side effect!

Shannon McKelden said...

I'd say "join the club!" but it sounds like you already have. :-)

Shannon

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll have good news to celebrate soon :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
serena said...

Hurry up and wait. That is definately the mantra for this business, lol.

-Serena

Hang in there baby.

Jaci Burton said...

Typical anxieties, Teri. Welcome to the world of 'waiting'. I'm sure they'll love it. And don't expect to wait 'months and months'. Agented stuff gets pushed up there pretty quickly.

Start chewing your fingernails ;-)