Saturday, December 31, 2005

Thoughts on the New Year

Well,

I don't have too many thoughts because I am uber tired. Was up until midnight last night listening to my daughter cry. I felt so bad for her. She got into a mess of her own making, but in her innocence had no idea it would blow up the way it did. This older guy was being really nice to her (he's seventeen my dd is almost fifteen) the ice princess was flattered even though she knows he is going out with a friend of hers, a 20 year old superviser at the rink. (All rink people) Heck, I know he was flirting with her and she flirted back... she just recently discovered she has that power, you know? YOU KNOW! So he asked for her number and she gave it and later that night they text messaged back and forth a bit. I know because I was reading them. (My dd and I are tight) It was totally innocent. (Well, as innocent as it can be for a seventeen year old male, freaking pervs that they are)

And that was the end of it. Or so she thought. Last night she was running the DJ booth at the rink with her 20 year old friend and the friend was ranting about her boyfriend getting text messages from some girl (only she named another girl) The ice princess freaked out because she knew it was her. (How the supervisoer knew and what gave her the idea it was this other little girl, I have no clue) The ice princess called me in a panic because she didn't know what to do. Tell the truth. It's no big deal. HA! It turned out to be a big deal. The girl wasn't mad at ice princess she was mad at her boyfriend and flipped out on him. While ice princess was there. Crying. Sheese. The girl has some issues... why is she dating a seventeen year old in the first place. Poor dd. Being a homeschooled chicky she has never played those flirty games in school and watched the drama unfold. She was like OMG! I didn't mean to cause this!

Sigh. She is so almost fifteen... everything is bigger than the world. And she really doesn't want the truth that this too shall pass and isn't the most important thing EVER! So I am super tired. But she did give me a great idea for my next skate novel! LOL!

Anyway... on to the next year. Thoughts.

This will be the year that I sell! (thinking positive here) I honestly didn't think I would get Jenny Bent as an agent so that prooves that miracles can happen. Now I am thinking about my career as a whole. I want to put out the ice skating series. I want to do some YA time travel books. I want to write a couple of adult books... maybe a few cat books. Then a couple of Single titles books. And some anthologies.

Not all this year though:)

I'll save some for next year!